Monday, November 5, 2007

My Passion

Everyone has a passion or hobby. I actually have a lot of hobbies. I love to play football. I also like basketball. I also have a few others, but one thing sticks out in my mind when I think about this. Fishing is my passion in life. Ever since I was a young boy I have been fishing. My dad always has liked to fish and it is one of his hobbies that he passed onto me. I went fishing with my dad at my aunt's house. They had a pond back behind the house. It was a small pond, maybe a quarter of an acre. The pond had a lot of fish in it though. They had bass and bluegill. I never really liked going with my dad when I was younger. It seemed so pointless to sit there and wait for a fish to bite your hook. My cousin and i would just mess around most of the time while our lines sat out in the water. I think I hated fishing as a kid because I was so impatient. I also believe that another reason I did not like it was because I grew up in the city as a young boy. I went on fishing with my father for the next few years. It never seemed to grow on me when I was living in the city. My parents then decided to move out of the city to a small farm town called "Trafalgar". We moved there the summer before seventh grade. Our house we had up for sale sold before our new house was built. We didn't have enough money to rent an apartment. We ended up living in our camper for three months, until our house was compleated. That was the whole summer, which was a long time for four people to live in a twenty-four foot trailer. The camper was packed. We were all cramped and the quarters were close. I hated sitting in the camper all of the time, so I tried finding something outside to do. The only thing that was remotely close to our camper was my new next-door neighbors pond. I decided that I would give fishing a chance on my own. My dad was not dragging me out there to do it this time. It was all my idea and I made the decision to try it. It was one of the best things that ever happened to me. I ended up catching a bunch of fish. It seemed so fun to me. I was outside, and i was enjoying it. I fished day in and day out the rest of that summer. I have been hooked on fishing ever since that day. I love fishing because there is so much that you can love about it. It is very calming. When I go fishing it takes my mind off of anything else that is going on at that time in my life. If a bad day comes along I always know that fishing is one thing that I can do to make it better. I have been fishing soo many times, that there is no way i could count all of them. I fish just about any time I can. We have a pond out in our front yard that is stocked with fish. My family and I enjoy going out together and having tournaments or just fishing for fun. I love having the pond in the front yard because we use it so much. We have people over all of the time to go fishing. I also fish across the street from my house. One of my friends from high school lives right across the road from me. They have three ponds. Each one is about an acre to and acre and a half. He and I fish all of the time. We fished the pond behind his house so much one summer that the fish began getting smart enough to quit biting. I also have a few other friends that enjoy fishing just as much as I do. Zac is my roomate this year. He is one of my best friends from high school. We fished together so much this summer. We usually went to a place called "Painted Hills" to go fishing. There are two big lakes at Painted Hills. We usually went to the bigger of the two to go fishing. His stepdad has a bassboat that he would let us take when we went to that lake. Fishing on a bass boat out on the lake this summer was some of the best times I have ever had in my life. It was me, my best friend, and the water. No one was there to tell us what to do. We did what we wanted and enjoyed every minute of it. We fished the lake many times throughout the summer, and those are times that I will never forget. Now that I am in college it is hard to find the time to do what I love. I miss not being able to go out in the front yard and fish until dark after I get off school. I have fished once since I have been down here. I brought my pole and tackle box because I knew there were two lakes on the campus. I had a little luckwhile i was fishin here, but it was not the best. I got a lot of little bites, but i ended up catching two. I wish there was more time during the day so i could take at least a few casts every day. I miss the sport of fishing quite a bit. Fishing is soo relaxing. When you go fishing there is nothing else you have to worry about other than catching fish. Fishing is a passion that will never die away in me. I will always love fishing and nothing will come between me and fishing. My dream is that one day i will have a nice truck with a bass boat being pulled behind it. That would make me happy for the rest of my life.

No comments: